• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nutter
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Noticed the hairy legs on the tomatoes, even from seedling stage. It was how we could tell them apart from the weeds as we use our own potting compost. Just thought it was a defence like spiked railings to keep beasts off not to capture them. My courgettes, pumpkins and radishes have little spikes too for defence, dont think broccoli or cauli does though.

Comment

Martin H and any other Piccolo tomato growers, how are they doing?

I've never grown them myself, even though I've read they're one of the nicest tomatoes.

I think I was put off by what I read from the Tesco grower about them having low disease resistance:
        https://realfood.tesco.com/our-food/...-producer.html

What are the experiences of home growers?

Comment

I'm afraid the seed I saved from a Sainsbury's Piccolo tomato last year has not come true. It's turned into a thick-skinned, orange coloured cherry tomato without much flavour. So I'm guessing that the mother plant was an F1.
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

It's interesting that in 2010 there was no problem with the seeds coming true to type,do you think they could've changed their tomato seed process/production to stop people being able to save seed,therefore having to buy more tomatoes?
            http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...oes_49414.html
            Last edited by Jungle Jane; 15-09-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X