Pumpkins ready??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gillykat View Post
    My two Atlantic Giants are more like Atlantic Dwarfs Ho hum they may get a sudden growth spurt
    Same here. My two plants sulked for most of the season then reluctantly decided to set fruit. We really need an indian summer pdq or they won't ripen.
    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Mine AG are getting there but not huge... 42" circumference, which is pretty poor compared to previous years.

Attached Files
      Last edited by Greenleaves; 12-09-2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Got loads of Hokkaidos out of the first crop, a second crop was progressing nicely but the plants are dying after being hit by a heavy hailstorm on Thursday which shredded the leaves. Will probably invest in some netting and tunnel frames next year, little white beasts all over our brassicas too.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
          Same here. My two plants sulked for most of the season then reluctantly decided to set fruit. We really need an indian summer pdq or they won't ripen.
          Ain't gonna happen this week from what I've heard - showery forecast till next weekend

Never mind....there's always next year I'll get a lovely big fertile bed built for them in advance
          If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

I grew Hundredweight this year they are about the size of a large beach ball - so not a Cwt - next year I will prep the bed better and try Gills Giant Atlantic and cross my fingers.

Comment

Oh well....at least somebody enjoyed my pumpkin
              Attached Files
              If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

I grew (note the pst tense!) Table King as the idea was to have some small enough for shoving whole into the oven,

The plants keeled over at the first night below 4C and the 3 fruit I have would fit into a hobbits oven. I have them in the porch and regularly go and coo at them in the hope they might ripen up a bit.

Who needs a pumpkin anyway.........obviously not me!
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I only had the two plants as well - one for me and one for Neil to see who could grow the biggest! His is still in perfect nick so I think HE has nobbled mine!!!

Perhaps next year I'll put one in the polytunnel as well as try again outdoors. Past couploe of weeks have been pretty showery (chucking it down as I type!) so I don;t think that helped either

At least us gardeners can always say we'll try again next year

Comment

Not so sure about trying again next year GK as I have only just managed to harvest my first radish!
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

2 plots up from me in London has one that's a metre wide. He left last year's to rot so I am hoping to see him to ask if I can have it this year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X