Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greater Manchester Badger Groups

Comment

I'm taking 'Manchester' to be the city of Manchester ... So I'd be surprised if there were badgers there. But you never know these days. Many species are urbanizing.
      Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
      Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lisasbolt View Post
        chit your parsnip seeds, they are so slow to germinate and i have had them rooting in a week better than the usual 3
        They'll germinate much more quickly in this heat, I'd just shove them in now if I was thinking of sowing although personally I don't think it's worth it now, rather too late.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Knight of Albion View Post
          I'm taking 'Manchester' to be the city of Manchester ... So I'd be surprised if there were badgers there. But you never know these days. Many species are urbanizing.
          I live in the centre of Bristol, and I know of one badger sett within a few streets of my house, and another which is actually on my allotment site-, they have their own plot (though they're definitely a bit behind on the rent).

It's amazing what animals actually live in a city!

Aside from scoffing every sweet corn cob that isn't guarded like Fort Knox, our badgers aren't too bad about digging stuff up, incidently.
          My spiffy new lottie blog

Comment

Originally posted by hamamelis View Post
            Aside from scoffing every sweet corn cob that isn't guarded like Fort Knox, our badgers aren't too bad about digging stuff up, incidently.
            I often get raided by deer. I can't complain too much cos I really think they are beautiful and I love seeing them as they really are special, although they also go for the sweet corn. The kids love it and their braces are off this year so so I've growing it again. Ive been lucky so far....touch wood

Comment

Oh no, huge sympathies - that sort of thing is gutting. You spend weeks carefully raising the plants and they can be gone in a matter of minutes.

My advice is don't be proud - go to the garden centre for young plants. That's what I'd do/have done in the past, rather than raise plants for a second time that also may not come to anything because it's too late. Avoid a double disappointment!
              My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                I sowed some courgettes last week
                more?

Comment

My squash/corn/bean mounds are being ripped up on a fairly frequent basis by birds as they are grown on mounds containing a lot of manure. The birds are looking for worms and bugs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X