Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tomatoes in container- have i somehow ruined it!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Yes

Indeterminate Toms are usually grown as cordons - a single stem with side shoots removed. Though no harm in training two stems.
    Determinate Toms are grown as a bush - much shorter and more compact than then the cordon variety, no side shooting required.
    I'll try and let the odd side shoot grow on the toms I have outside the growhouse and see what happens.
    Last edited by Scoot; 26-06-2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

If you let an extra shoot grow don't forget it will need extra feed and water especially in a container.
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I was going to do that but thanks for the heads up anyway.

Comment

Hmmm.. I was going to suggest you might be over watering.... mainly because i think I damaged some of my plants doing that.

But that is always the problem, too much water or too little?

However twice a day seems enough to me, were I you I think I would water less and see how they faired, the worst that can happen is they wilt, in which case you can simply water more.

Over watering is more of a problem imo, if it rots the roots for example, however your plants seem fairly healthy so you can't be doing too much wrong.

Aptly named Tomatoking seems to think overwriting can cause leaf curl, what you do know is under-watering will not cause leaf curl, we all know it cause plants to wilt. Having said that googling "leaf curl" with "overwatering" is bound to produce some hits, as it probably would with any word under the sun!

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...-up_49504.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X