No announcement yet.

Roma toms

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a silly afterthought............I wonder if you put 2 plants in one station, grew one as a bush & one as a cordon................
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Interesting. It might solve my problem with space...

I have a few days to think about it. After 3 degrees last night and a forecast of 2 tonight, the weekend is looking warm but very wet and then we could be down to 0 on Sunday night. This is getting a bit silly now.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
        After 3 degrees last night and a forecast of 2 tonight.
        Is one of 'em going on holiday?.......................
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I think most of them have gone AWOL this year
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I've been planting up my GH borders and after looking at night time temps I've not planted up as many beefsteak or later producing toms as usual. I think my toms are several weeks behind last year and I don't think I'll get great crops from the big Tom plants

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
              Hmm, I have 2 plants so maybe I treat one as a bush and the other as a cordon and see what happens. Only I don't have space to put them 2ft apart - its 1ft max, I'm afraid.
              1ft apart is only a 6 inch space for each Tom. Personally I think you would have better results with less plants.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                1ft apart is only a 6 inch space for each Tom. Personally I think you would have better results with less plants.
                You may well be right, although I grew Sungold and Chocolate Cherry very successfully at this spacing last year (4 plants in a 4ft space).

I agree the plants are well behind this year and difficult decisions are having to be made as to whether being totally pot bound is better or worse than being planted in far from ideal temperatures.

Comment

Romas are super wide plants compared to Sungold and chocolate cherry. On planting up my GH last week I planted up more of the cherry and regular size producing toms and gifted the others. I was eating tomatoes this time last year - I'm nowhere near that this year. Things have been very slow for me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X