X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Oh Yes there are B&M: Stores
    Aha!
    there is b&m 'bargain store' near me......which is apparently not the same as a b&m homestore and garden centre.
    They're closed now but I'll ring tomorrow and see if they have those planter thingamejigs.
    Would do me such a favour if they have.....

Thank you Jay-ell and veggiechicken!
    http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by muddled View Post
      Aha!
      there is b&m 'bargain store' near me......which is apparently not the same as a b&m homestore and garden centre.
      They're closed now but I'll ring tomorrow and see if they have those planter thingamejigs.
      Would do me such a favour if they have.....

Thank you Jay-ell and veggiechicken!
      It was a B&M Bargains store I found them in so hopefully they'll have them

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

I picked two of these up from my local B&M and they were down to 50p each!!

Lots of their gardening items were reduced:

15 x 7cm pots for 20p
        windowsill propagator 50p
        5 x seed tray inserts 50p
        and lots more which I didn't buy....

The prices on the shelf edge labels stated higher than these prices but they were reduced at the till.

Comment

Hmmmm... may need to pop into the other B&M near me soon

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Noticed these in my local store still marks up at full price.
            @thecluelessgardener

Comment

Originally posted by NatalieCooke View Post
              Noticed these in my local store still marks up at full price.
              They were marked at full price in my store too but went through the till at 50p...

Comment

I went to B&M last night and got 3 of these - marked down to 50p, and 1 of the 5-packs of seed tray modules at £1. There were a few more but I already had some shopping. I may have to nip back down later and see what else is marked down. I nearly bought a couple of these full price earlier in the year, but I'm glad I didn't now. At 50p you can't go wrong!

Comment

So, been down and picked up five of these at 50p.
                  Total bargain

Only problem is the £100.50 that I spent to go with them

4 enormous pots
                  A cast iron chimenea
                  A windchime for mother in law's birthday
                  'minion' headphones for youngest daughter
                  ceramic plaque for garden wall

I think I was quite restrained, and what's an overdaft between friends?

They were out of stock on the hanging egg chairs £99....so that was lucky

Comment

The first B&M I went to had 6, but all the bags were split and the rods were missing - and they were £1 each. Came away disappointed
                    The next day, I was smiling again. Another B&M had 8 at 50p each. So glad the first ones were wrecked.
                    One's in place already - with slight modifications Photos to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by muddled View Post
                      So, been down and picked up five of these at 50p.
                      Total bargain

Only problem is the £100.50 that I spent to go with them
                      Its a dangerous place to be with a credit card

Comment

it certainly is!

I set two of my 'bagbeds' up today.
                        WOW they take a lot of filling!

for two beds, each 3 x 3 it took 300 ltr of compost and 3 sacks of manure....
                        I bought six beds for 3 quid but filling them all is going to cost a small fortune at this rate.

Comment

I've set up one - and they do take a heck of a lot of filling - so I haven't

I'm putting a layer of soil in each compartment and putting potted plants on top. Once the toms are finished, I'll empty the pots into the compartments.

To make filling easier, I've put canes along all 4 sides and attached them at the corners with bits of hosepipe. These "corners" are propped up on twigs.

Also, I'm leaving the centre square empty so that I can step into it to reach the far side - little short Arms, that's me
                          Attached Files

Comment

Didn't realise they were soooo big!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Went to the store in Colchester on Saturday and they had about 10 or so. Bought a few and the girl on the checkout did not believe they were 50p until she scanned them

Comment

Originally posted by hawocol View Post
                                Thanks for the heads up. Went to the store in Colchester on Saturday and they had about 10 or so. Bought a few and the girl on the checkout did not believe they were 50p until she scanned them
                                She's now got a six bed square meter garden

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X