No announcement yet.

What wrong with my leaves

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple leaves are often a sign that the plants are too cold. With nighttime temps lower than 10 you really need to keep them indoors.

Comment

If I start to bring them in at night will it help or is the damaged already done?
      It was my father in law who told me they would be ok left in the greenhouse over night.
      I feel really bad now!
      @thecluelessgardener

Comment

I think I would cut off those purple leave, the bottom ones I mean. Last night was 6 deg in my green house it's still to cold for the little munchkins. However i think they will forgive you, they are tougher than you think.
        Last edited by Bill HH; 19-05-2015, 10:25 PM.
        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

I've just been out and stuck the heater on its too late to be bring them in now.
          I'll remove the damaged leave and bring them in over night.
          Thanks guys I knew something wasn't right.
          @thecluelessgardener

Comment

If the top growth is green and healthy, I wouldn't worry too much, Natalie. The bottom leaves have obviously been damaged so the plant is concentrating it's energy elsewhere. My toms are in the greenhouse full time now and they're not coming back in the house.
            He-Pep!

Comment

I cut the damages leaves off and given them some potash.
              Thanks for everyone's help.
              @thecluelessgardener

Comment

Purple leaves and leaf curl are caused by a magnesium deficiency which happens when they get too cold. Seems that when they get cold, they can't absorb this mineral. Had this happen to all my tomatoes a few years back - the good news is that it didn't seem to affect them at all, in fact I seem to remember I had one of the best crops I've had.

Comment

Due to the rain we've been having I think my pumpkins have taken a turn for the worst. I checked them yestersay and they liked great. Today look like they are dying. Are they ok?

Attached Files
                  @thecluelessgardener

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X