Edible perennials to sow March/April

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edible perennials to sow March/April

An interesting and useful article that has me rummaging through my seed packets.
    Edible Perennial Gardening: New Plantings for March and April | Permaculture Magazine
    Anyone else going to sow some of these now?
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 07-04-2015, 03:07 PM.

Just sown Welsh Onions. Excuse my ignorance but how is leaf beet perennial? Is that perpetual spinach with the seed stems removed when they appear?
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Does this help - or confuse even further?
      Leaf Beet, Perpetual Spinach Seeds

Comment

I've got some Welsh onion seeds on their way to me in the post (hopefully). I'm growing Red Russian kale but I didn't know you could treat it as a perennial. It's currently making flower buds. Do you think I should let it flower, or pick off (and eat of course) the bud shoots?
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

I just pricked out my red russian kale seedlings (note to self....waiting for true leaves before pricking out was a mistake...seedling roots totally tangled) and sowed perpetual spinach last week as fodder for the chooks.
          I have welsh onions in pots that norfolk grey sent to me (thank you)
          and I planted rhubarb yesterday....doing tayberries tomorrow.

So yes, lots of perennials...some of which I was pretty sure were annuals
          http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Have sown aztec broccoli, kales(sutherland,friesian and red russian), magenta orach and 2 sea kales-anger and crambe cordiflora. Will post as I sow more.
            No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X