Tomatoes- using side shoots for extra plants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cristalfiona View Post
    Like an idiot I actually went and picked all mine off my two biggest plants yesterday, they got put into the compost bin! Then I saw this thread today. I guess I'll just have to wait until the others catch up and use those instead.
    Are they salvageable?...............nothing ventured nothing gained. Just put them in a bottle of water.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I put mine into compost and cover tehm with a plastic bag secured with a rubber band for a couple of weeks. Otherwise I find they tend to wilt.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

The idea of putting them in water is that the cut stem can more easily take up a liquid this makes it easier to keep them alive whilst roots develop.

I used to pop them straight into damp compost but always used to lose a few. I have yet to lose a plant using the milk bottle.
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X