No announcement yet.

Picked my first .................2015

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I nibbled a few nasturtium and leek seedlings in a salad after thinning out last weekend. But I'm not sure that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
      Slugs! Yuck - already
      2 large green caterpillars. I wondered what had been demolishing my parsley and chard. I thought the damn things hibernated over winter

Note - I didn't eat the caterpillars!
      Last edited by Penellype; 17-03-2015, 09:42 PM.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by arpoet View Post
        I've picked me nose, does that count?
        made me laugh
        Yeah, same here . Scottish dreich weather is relentless

Comment

Spring greens! Sown in August I think. I'm very excited about these.

Attached Files
          He-Pep!

Comment

Chives, all 3 pots are doing well.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              We picked our first sorrel a couple of days ago.
              I dug mine up last year ( red veined) didn't use it much and the stuff has come back again!

Comment

Exciting isn't it??
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

My red veined sorrel seedlings have just started developing their veins; very cute!

Off topic, I know but nothing is ready as yet, tho my radishes aren't far off

Comment

PICKED: loads of cabbage, broccoli (now gone to flower - left for the bees, then when flowers died back, send the plant to the chickens).

Also picked; cauliflower. 2nd batch of 9 coming into ready-ness - a few more days.

Not picked, but within a whisker; broadbeans!

50% longer than my hand - w00t!

Lost: a small cherry tree - did the scratch-test (failed). Waited, tried again, failed again. Gave it a wiggle and it came up rootless
                    Attached Files

Comment

Pea.

This is from a pot of Half Pint peas which I sowed in January and have grown on a south facing windowsill. The pods are fairly small (the plants themselves are about a foot high), and only one, with 1 pea in it was ready. Unfortunately the plants appear to be dying, so I am hoping I will be able to eat more of them before they give up the ghost completely.
                      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

PSB......I'm VERY happy (and full )
                        http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Madeley Kale. Absolutely delicious! Sowed these a bit late last year so they never really got going before winter set in. But they're flying now! I'm sure they'll bolt soon though.
                          He-Pep!

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
                            Madeley Kale. Absolutely delicious! Sowed these a bit late last year so they never really got going before winter set in. But they're flying now! I'm sure they'll bolt soon though.
                            What sort of kale is that? I'm a bit of an enthusiast, going to try sutherland,red russian and friesian this year along with curly and cavolo nero. My cavolo nero was great and is now now producing small leaved tops with shoots which are great cut off whole and lightly cooked, curly is still producing,although leaves are smaller, lighter coloured and delightfully tender.
                            No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

Hi Kris, it's an HSL variety that I got from the VSP. Lovely broad flattish leaves. Unfortunately I'm almost out of seeds, but I plan to let the current ones flower so I can save some seed for next year.
                              He-Pep!

Comment

Sorry Bario, HSL? VSP?
                                No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X