No announcement yet.

Alternative to beer in slug traps?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting tip Marcusp, many thanks. But whereas beer traps kill the slugs pellets presumably won't so do we have to physically catch them before they hide in the morning light?

Comment

Today I have placed seaweed round the base of my cabbages to see if this stops the slugs, some of the cabbages have slug/snail damage so I will be monitoring for further damage and will pass on the results.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by bazzaboy View Post
        Interesting tip Marcusp, many thanks. But whereas beer traps kill the slugs pellets presumably won't so do we have to physically catch them before they hide in the morning light?
        I'm assuming you would put the pellets in water containers as you would beer traps.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

lol, oh yes of course...! Thanks BM, hadn't thought of that. Will give it a try.

Comment

I went out last night with my salt tumbler and seen to the little buggers.

Comment

You could start home brewing beer.
              Then you get
              1) Enough cheap beer to sink a ship
              2) Beer bottoms for the slugs
              3) If you do a proper mash the spent stuff goes into compost
              4) Hangovers
              Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X