• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/s...as&fr2=piv-web

I did an image search but there are no blue elastic bands

edit note.

just noticed that some pics have blue bands
    Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 23-02-2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

And do spring cabbages bounce?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
        I would have thought along the same lines of spring onions, although I think I have seen some multiplier onions (Welsh, perpetual, everlasting) that have been badges as punching.
        You think I'm confused?

Comment

Many Welsh onions can multiply by forming perennial evergreen clumps.
          Allium fistulosum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I did use google.
          While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Do the supermarkets pack runner beans in plastic to stop em runnning away?
            Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Ishikura make a nice multiplying perennial - bunching onion and if left undisturbed make a big clump, great as you can harvest them year round, they are Allium fistulosum rather than cepa. I think bunching onion is now used generally to mean spring onion rather than actual Japanese/oriental bunching onions. I've grown Shimonta too, which is also Allium fistulosum but usually a single stem, although when I've over-wintered them they sprouted another stem or two.

What variety are you growing VeggieChick?
              Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Ishikura, Kyoto Market, Purplette, Winter White Bunching . They were all sown in August and are growing in the cold GH bed.
                What do you reckon, poly, eat or wait?

Comment

Are swedes from Sweden?

Bunching onions are just like big chives..........but bloomin tasteless! I inherited some on my plot but they all finished up on the compost heap!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                    Are swedes from Sweden?
                    ABBA are

Bunching onions are just like big chives..........but bloomin tasteless! I inherited some on my plot but they all finished up on the compost heap!
                    P'raps you were eating the blue rubber bands

Comment

Ishikura and Kyoto Market are both bunching type and will make clumps or at least thick rows, I’d keep some of these for growing year round. But perhaps you can harvest a few to check they are to your taste. I would have thought they should have already increased in number or at least show some new growth very soon.
                      I’ve not grown Purplette or Winter White Bunching, but did a quick google and they are Allium cepa so single stem. Eat when you – they are ready
                      Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Thanks poly. I'll have a good look at them tomorrow - and pull a few of them, just in case they taste like rubber bands!

According to the packets - Winter White Bunching - common name Spring Onion. Why can't they call it an overwintering Spring onion?
                        As for "Purplette - Bunching onion. Red-skinned scallion."

No wonder I'm confused!

Comment

Aha, so that's what they are VC , glad you brought this up , I was too embarrassed to admit my ignorance I've got Ishikura and Purplette overwintering in my raised beds. They take absolute ages to grow

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                            Are swedes from Sweden?
                            I believe so

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Greentea View Post
                              Aha, so that's what they are VC , glad you brought this up , I was too embarrassed to admit my ignorance I've got Ishikura and Purplette overwintering in my raised beds. They take absolute ages to grow
                              Never be embarrassed to ask anything here, Greentea. I'm always asking stoopid questions. One day they'll take me seriously

Comment

That day is, however, February the 31st

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                                ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X