No announcement yet.

Multi-purpose Compost Prices 2015

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of years ago, I did find a lot of seed rotted off when I tried a batch of Levingtons compost that had a lot of woody bits in it. The surface used to get white mould on it, even with minimal watering

I had 10 bags of the blooming stuff that ended up being dug in over winter - useless for anything else.

Comment

• It'll contain the materials & should heat up quicker.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        It'll contain the materials & should heat up quicker.
        I'll look into one. Cheers

Did you say you had 6 bags of the same stuff as me?
        Last edited by Scoot; 07-02-2016, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• No, I said I would have bought 6 even though I only needed 4................
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Oh well I'll report back later in the year on it.

Anyway, I'm not sowing any seeds into it. I'm using it to fill 24 ten litre buckets for my 24 tomato plants which have already been sown.

Comment

• Scoot

As the toms will be fed anyway you probably wont have a problem ,but i like Thelma ended up with white mould on the top and no sign of germination.

Let me know how you get on as i have one bag unopened as like you bought 3 for £10 and if you have success i will use it in pots rather than just digging it into a bed as i planned.

Comment

• Originally posted by anton002 View Post
                Scoot

As the toms will be fed anyway you probably wont have a problem ,but i like Thelma ended up with white mould on the top and no sign of germination.

Let me know how you get on as i have one bag unopened as like you bought 3 for £10 and if you have success i will use it in pots rather than just digging it into a bed as i planned.
                Oh yeah, I'll be feeding the tomatoes when the plants get big enough.

I'll will certainly keep you posted. If I havnt, just remind me on in this topic.
                Last edited by Scoot; 07-02-2016, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoot View Post
                  Oh yeah, I'll be feeding the tomatoes when the plants get big enough.

I'll will certainly keep you posted. If I havnt, just remind me on in this topic.
                  Put a reminder here: http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ber_86875.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                    I never really venture into general chit chat so I'll never see my June reminder. It's there anyway.

Comment

• I use Westland from my local Home Bargains..£2.99 for a 50 litre bag. I've always been happy with both the quality and results
                      Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

• Morrisons are selling Richmoor multipurpose compost, 3, 70lt. bags for £9.00. I dont know how good it is but having a look inside a bag it seems ok.
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X