Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Onion sets planted out today: too early?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't cover them with plastic. I tried this one year thinking it would keep them warm, which it did, but they also got very dry and the resulting onions were ok but a bit small. Fleece is better as it lets the rain through.
    Last edited by Penellype; 19-02-2015, 07:40 PM.
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Yes, give it a while, Veggiemite. Keep posting and try again when you've been around for a bit longer.
      Have I said Hello and Welcome yet?
      If not, Hello and Welcome
      Will do Veggiechicken... and cheers for the welcome... I have to say as a newbie I really have been made to feel so welcome by all the folk on this site... I'm glad I found it!

Comment

Stick around a bit Veggiemite and some of the lovely folk here will offer you coffee and Cake We like Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
          I wouldn't cover them with plastic. I tried this one year thinking it would keep them warm, which it did, but they also got very dry and the resulting onions were ok but a bit small. Fleece is better as it lets the rain through.
          cheers for the tip Penellype...at the moment I have both on 'em! ...covered in fleece and a clear plastic board angled across the top so some of the rain runs off.

From what you say maybe best to throw MORE plastic on them -- might save me doing any cooking!

Comment

If the sun is on them they can get quite hot under plastic - not sure about cooking though!
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X