Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

garden plans in books,magazines and pamphlets.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bohobumble View Post
    Boho - do you use that site?

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
      Boho - do you use that site?
      No, I'd not heard of the title so searched for it and this link came up, I also did a check to see if it was a scam but it seemed to be fairly ok

Comment

I tried to read it online, to see what the content was like, but couldn't do so without registering, and the registration form was one A.N.Other site, so a bit hard to determine whether that was going to open a can of direct-marketing worms. Might have been free at the end of the process, but some parts advertised themselves as subscription-only ... so not sure whether it would actually be free, as in "air" rather than as in "plus endless direct marketing material"!!

There is a reasonable sample in the "look inside" option, for that book, on Amazon.
        K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
          The first one, which I used years ago, was a great start.
          I'd been unable to get my head around rotation or follow on crops until I saw this, then everything seemed to click into place.

Dig For Victory WWII layout of Allotment or Victory Garden

Nowadays I grow some crops that are not even on that plan - but it gave me the basics
          There's links to the monthly 'dig for victory' leaflets there too!

Comment

well the book looks interesting preview but seems be more flash and fluff then good production planned design for most part.

Comment

One disparaging review on Amazon UK, 22 more ecstatic reviews on Dot Com ... they might not be worth a bag of beans though ...

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Groundbreaking Food Gardens: 73 Plans That Will Change the Way You Grow Your Garden
              K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X