No announcement yet.

What To Sow Month By Month

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread BM. I've got a load of pea/curry pots from the chippie. Smaller than plant pots so I can sow even more stuff! And am slowly working my way across all the windowsills in my house. Sowing a lot of flowers this year, and a lot of them are January starters. But I will keep dipping into this thread to double check stuff. Thank you
    You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Brilliant thread BM - Thank You.
      I also like this one

Vegetable seed sowing calendar - What to sow and when to plant
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Cheers Lumpy, I'll use it in conjunction with mine.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Onions? Maybe mark with subsequent months that folk could sow in if they aren't ready to start. (I don't think January is early for onions, opinions may vary though of course , but other things like Peppers I think would be worth marking as "early" or "Need heat & light" or somesuch, so that a Newbie doesn't get caught out.
          K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

P.S. Perhaps get ready to announce February in good time eh?

Comment

Aye, best get all your January's up to date before Sunday....................
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Are you retrospectively editing your initial post for further suggestions?

And dare I suggest adding links for February, March etc. as an index that will take folk, in future, direct to the Master Post that you will make each month?

I mean ... given that you stood up & volunteered and all that

Comment

I sowed summer cabbage ("Golden Acre") and cauliflowers ("Mayflower" and "All the year round") under glass in January, these are ok according to the back of the seed packets.
                  My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                  Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
                    Are you retrospectively editing your initial post for further suggestions?

And dare I suggest adding links for February, March etc. as an index that will take folk, in future, direct to the Master Post that you will make each month?

I mean ... given that you stood up & volunteered and all that
                    I am neither a Moderator or a Tech boff. The thread was intended to help newcomers to the site. If you wish to create a more comprehensive thread then please feel free.

Comment

Ah, OK, I was guessing that you intended to re-edit your original post to add any worthy suggestions, to save future-folk having to read the whole thread, sorry about that.

I'd be very happy to do that in your stead, but that would mean me starting a new thread, which seems a pity as yours is right here.

I'll have a chat with Admin to see if merging the threads would then leave mine at the top such that I can use my top-post to contain an index by month etc.

Comment

I have no problem at all if you wish to create a more comprehensive & user friendly thread Kristen. I think the vine could benefit from such a thread. If you wish to start from January, my thread could then be deleted.

Comment

Thanks Bigmallly, although lots of good chatter here that I would be keen to preserve. But I like Data, me

I'm happy to have a go though, as like you I think it would be a very useful reource, I'll post back when I've finalised something with the MODs

Comment

Sorry! Not wanting to steal any bodies "Thunder"............

But this "Chappie" did a very similar thing, oh! A good few years back now!

Home page

It's Friday

I'll get me coat!
                            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Good find Deano. All we need now is a Vine Version.

Comment

BM! He actually frequented a site/forum I used to use! Very, very knowledgable guy! Done it for years! n knows everything!

Not many around these days! Apart from "Kristen" .......Not being feciousous Kristen!

Your knowledge n "Data input" n "Output" is the "Bee's Knee's" ......
                                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X