No announcement yet.

I finally figured it out!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One good thing about paper plans --------------------------- they can be put in the planting hole....
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Find a few coloured pencils to colour in the squares and it will look very professional.
      Mine are on the backs of envelopes - literally

Comment

I tried on of BM's links but it wouldn't do a big enough patch of land, so I tried the one on the S*tt*ns website (free 30 day trial, very pricey £15 a year after that), there were a few plants missing but it gives me the general gist as well as an idea of how many seeds of each type I need to be sowing:

https://greengardengate.wordpress.co...p-carousel-521
        https://greengardengate.wordpress.co...p-carousel-522

Have a look and see what you think, I am going with a 5 year rotation plan in mind. Any ideas on what I might try in the gaps in the veg patch? I want a cottage/cutting garden at the end (with both peas and sweet-peas on bamboo wigwams.

There is a plan to sit on a bench in the middle of that after a days work with a cuppa/glass of wine and enjoy the view of the Chilterns to the north and avoid the winds hence why it's laid out like that.

The greenhouse has some early new potatoes that should be out the way once the toms/aubergine/cucumber start needing the space. I also have a holey blow away I am thinking of strapping to the back of one of the sheds to fit more cukes in.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefudgly View Post
          Another option which looks pretty good for iPad owners

Garden Planner software for Garden Companies | GrowingInteractive.com

Hi Uncle,

This looks like the one that S*tt*ns have used to power their app: Gardening Apps & Software - Suttons Gardening Grow How

Comment

I think I've taken the design as far as I want to now (if anyone wants to see it, it's the first pic here https://greengardengate.wordpress.co...y-preparations) and the suggested app I trialled was pretty handy tho not worth the annual fees if you ask me!

Suttons if they were savvy would let you sign up for free as it links to the products on their website.

It was useful to plan out how many plants I want in an area, or indeed how much space I need for a specific number of plants tho.

Thanks for all your tips!

Itchy-fingers ahoy

Comment

four year rotation is always any issue that's why i use the plant family rotation system. it gives better break down how break how to plant you veg. depend of you vegetable like and dislikes there 8 major families and a few minor ones. 8-10 year rotation at min not counting perennial veg.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X