No announcement yet.

What have you got that should have gone to ground

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite a lot of my perennials which should be hiding under the soil are still on top of the soil and green! I wish they'd safely disappear to be safe before the real frosts come
    You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Unfortunately they are now frosted but for the first time ever since we started to grow them we have had a whole flush of flowers on our Dahlia imperialis, which grows to about 16 feet with a bamboo like stem and then produces a huge flush of pink flowers at the top of the stem, but only in late November.
      Worth the waiting though, even if we can only occasionally enjoy the flowers in late autumn in a very warm year.
      Attached Files

Comment

Bertie, they are fabulous! Quite jealous...

Comment

Mangetout from an April sowing are still flowering today...

Attached Files
          My blog: www.grow-veg.uk

@Grow_Veg_UK

Comment

I was very surprised to find a handful of ripe raspberries today. And there's a volunteer Red Epicure broad bean plant that's flowering, and a mullein plant throwing up a flower stalk with buds on. The pineapple sage has some flower buds too. Not sure how hardy that one is. Should I dig it up for the winter, does anyone know? Some flowers still on the rose bushes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X