No announcement yet.

Tin Can Tip

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beer cans can have the tops and bottoms removed with a pair of scissors then cut down the sides and then opened out flat.these can then be used like tiles to cover the top of your storage box,fence posts ,clay pizza oven or potentially even your shed just by nailing or stapling them on,
    don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
    remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Originally posted by snakeshack View Post
      beer cans can have the tops and bottoms removed with a pair of scissors then cut down the sides and then opened out flat.these can then be used like tiles to cover the top of your storage box,fence posts ,clay pizza oven or potentially even your shed just by nailing or stapling them on,
      Or your house! give the local councillor some stress.
      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Oh yes, great post - got me thinking now....
        .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

A local farmer once turned up in his landrover, he was covered in blood but had a huge smile on his face. he wanted us to put his landrover onto our ramp to show us something. We did so, and he had completely covered his exhaust with wired on beer cans!!!!! (Hence the blood). It lasted all of 3 days
          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Ooh! of course!
            Been looking for a free way to roof my pizza oven!
            (made with 'soil' from my allotment to prove a point...."told you it was clay")
            http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I use toilet roll inner tubes to blanch my leeks.
              And to keep voles off my seedlings, I do the same thing as you but instead of tin cans I use big yoghurt pots.
              I put small wine bottles on the end of my bamboo canes so I don't poke my eyes out. They're heavy so don't blow away either. Only drawback is that I now have a bit of a reputation as a drinker! (It's amazing how quickly they pile up once you're saving bottles)!

Comment

re the tin cans - would they not rust in the soil and make the plant go funny?

and re the toilet rolls - would they not rot and then be useless to blanch the leeks?

thanks

Comment

I asked myself if the cans would rust. I answered myself with I've never had rusty baked beans or soup so maybe they won't. If they do, they will add some minerals to the soil..........
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X