1st frost this morning!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No frost here yet
    I've noticed that the sunsets and sunrises are more colourful after firework nights. I imagine all those little sparkly bits of rockets are still floating around up there, catching the light and scintillating (good word that!!)

Comment

No frost here yet either. Just rain (and a bit of sunshine)
      Have seen some amazing rainbows in the past week and also sky at sunsets have been lovely red colour.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        No frost here yet
        I've noticed that the sunsets and sunrises are more colourful after firework nights. I imagine all those little sparkly bits of rockets are still floating around up there, catching the light and scintillating (good word that!!)
        It'll be all the smoke and soot particles from the fireworks and bonfires.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Frost here. Had to chuck a bucket of water over the car when I left for work at 5am. No street lights so no mucking about with a scraper
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

2nd frost here. I had to rapidly import my squashes late last night and place them discreetly around the house (some on the widow ledges, some by the front door and some in the attic). They were in the greenhouse, so hoping the cold didn't do them too much harm.

But, given the rain and wind this morning, you'd have been forgiven for not accepting how cold it was late last night!
            While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Think it was our 3rd frost last night and the worst one so far. Had heating on for a few minutes this morning to take the chill off for the kids.
              It stopped quite cold here for quite a while this morning. Had the kids well wrapped up for school.
              sigpic

Comment

My son gets fed up with me layering him up: vest,shirt,jumper,coat,hat,gloves - he hasn't quite figured out that it might be warm in doors but is is quite the opposite outside!
                While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by daviddevantnhisspiritwife View Post
                  My son gets fed up with me layering him up: vest,shirt,jumper,coat,hat,gloves - he hasn't quite figured out that it might be warm in doors but is is quite the opposite outside!
                  My little boy has his first forest school class tomorrow. His school has a specially enclosed woodland area where his year group learn about nature, things to listen for and well I suppose things we take for granted with my kids because of the garden and allotment. There will be kids that don't have access to these things.
                  Anyway he has to take a spare set of everyday clothes. So have packed him a long sleeve top, short sleeve top, a jumper, a thick pair of trousers, 2 pairs of spare socks, clean undies and a thick coat. They have said they take them out what ever the weather as they do have waterproof trousers for them.
                  So hopefully tomorrow it wont be to wet or cold tomorrow.
                  sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X