No announcement yet.

orientation of rows?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno if it will help, but this link will show you a Google Map with the sun Rise and Setting positions on it (for a given date). If you change to Satellite view, and zoom right in, you might be able to figure out what obstacles you have to the South-ish that might cast a shadow.

SunCalc - sun position, sunlight phases, sunrise, sunset

If you "click" on the map, it will move the reference-pointer so you could PAN and then CLICK for the centre of your plot, and zoom in etc.
    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Hahaha! How did you manage to say it in three short sentences Martin, when it took me two long paragraphs

Comment

The plot gets enough sun, it's fine. It is out of the shadow of the house, probably all year round and definitely in the main growing season. The plot is at the end of the garden. It just means that I can't extend the veg bed much more toward the house because it would end up in the shadow of the house if I did. And if I were to place any tall veg at the house end of the plot it would cast a shadow across the patch.
        Last edited by Snow; 05-11-2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Don't get bogged down in technicallities, plant 20 rows of stuff or whatever you want to try.
          When the seeds fall off the plant they grow where they land and plants were on the planet a long long time before us humans came along and they are likely to be well after we are gone.

Another way is if you do not plant it then you will not know how well it grows where you are. You will likely find that Wilts is just too damn wet for some things, immaterial of the amount of sun or which way they face. I used the live there and it is WET. Go stuff something in the ground.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X