No announcement yet.

Brussels sprouts for 7 months!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be in but not till a lot later in the year, i will be sowing my seeds when you guys are planting out

Last year i had an amazing crop and gave loads away, i have started liking them more and more so have planted about 8, well they have been in the grounds for months and months and have done bu@@er all, they look vey healthy and good but still short and stubby and nothing on them, been in the ground about 6 months, at this rate it will get too hot and they won´t do anything or i will be eating brussels with my salads
    I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

I'm in, every year I grow them, every year they stand in the bed taking up space doing nothing much until the pigeons eat them in February

I have red ones and I picked a "successional" pack that's supposed to give me sprouts for months. So this year...... Forget the year of the Monkey, this is the year of the Sprout

Comment

Mine weren't the worst this year but certainly not the best so I've given up and bought flower sprout seeds and hope they do slightly better but I'll be following your progress, I love sprouts and might try again next year
        My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Only grown them once about 4 years ago. I had 3 plants which was far too many as I'm the only one here who eats 'em!!! They were delish though.
          I'll sow some this weekend too!
          ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
          a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

My sprouts have been rubbish for the last 2 seasons. If they fail again this year I'm giving up. Definitely. But I'll be sowing this month and giving it my best shot.
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
              My sprouts have been rubbish for the last 2 seasons. If they fail again this year I'm giving up. Definitely. But I'll be sowing this month and giving it my best shot.
              No Martin! Ya can't give in! Honestly! I love em, and again they to me are one of the easiest so crops to grow, unlike chuffing carrots!

I'm Defoe in, but just got in from work, my pillow shouting!
              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

I think the best flavoured red variety far & away is Falstaff, with Rubine coming in second, I'm in as well
                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Ya know what BB! My "Rubine" this last year were a total disaster! blown to bits!

Move on n learn!
                  "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Give Falstaff a go Deano, not such a defined colour but I think the flavour is best of the 'reds'
                    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I grew Trafalgar last year. Some were as big as golf balls..........

Comment

I grew Trafalgar too. Some of them were actually larger than peas.....
                        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

No room for sprouts this year, but this time next year post the house move I'll be in (does that count?)

I shall be following this thread closely for all your tips and advice!

Comment

Well I've sown 4 of them today. Maybe a bit early and if so it makes no difference as I'll be sowing some more later this month or at the start of April. I basically have room for 4 plants. I'll pick the best ones to go in the garden out of this sowing and the later sowing.
                            Last edited by Scoot; 03-03-2016, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I sown some Rubine and Evesham special on 4th Feb,and potted on into moduls last week,they look fine so far,aprox 1 in high,also got some early half tall to sow shortly,the thing apart from wind rock,is the bloomin bugs,even under cover,will have to be more vigilant this year,and actually use my home brew,
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

My first year of growing sprouts. I went for Crispus, apparently produces a smaller sprout but a good flavour, anyone else had this one?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X