Pepper pots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepper pots

Can anyone advise what final pot size they'd recommend for pepper plants please? I will be potting them on gradually but would like a rough idea of how big the plants will get and what size pot they'd like to end up in Thanks in advance x
    Nat xxx

My Rather Uninspiring Blog

Hello Nattie, a 9 inch pot should be big enough at the end. You'd even get away with something smaller if you just feed and water them more. The plants don't get all that big. Suppose it depends on the variety but probably somewhere between 12 and 24 inches. But maybe somebody out there's got a whopper.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Mine end up in 10 litre pots. They seem to be quite happy in those.
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Thanks ladies xx
        Nat xxx

My Rather Uninspiring Blog

Comment

Mine are in 10" pots this year but have had smaller ones on the window ledge in the past, you just get a smaller plant if it's constricted.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I've been told to stick a brick in the bottom as they can get a bit top heavy!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Never had that problem with chillies but some sweet peppers can get quite big so suppose it could be a problem then.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I have got some 20cm pots from tescos to put mine in - hope they do ok.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X