No announcement yet.

Baton down ya hatches!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain! Loud rain. The dark lumpy clouds have been replaced by an even pale grey colour sky.

Comment

Heavy showers here. I knew it was raining as the weather cat came in for cuddles and is wet!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        We've had the thunder and lightning...and heavy rain.
        Just waiting for the strong winds and hailstones!

....well...what do we expect...it is summer after all
        Ahhhh,but on the plus side,it had the good grace not to descend on your part of the globe yesterday
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I have never known thunder like it. There was an almost continuous rumble of varying intensity at 5.45 this morning that sounded like cannons going off. Then it moved over us as a proper thunder storm with heavy rain and lightening 20 mins later.Whole thing took an hour so I guess must have been multiple storms across a wide area.
          Really nice out now,although overcast.Just a loud cookoo
          Gardening forever, housework whenever!

Comment

Yeh...it was a real stonker yesterday...I was concerned for all the veterans with no hats on....some of them were sat in full sun for hours.
            We do however have a tad of blue stuff up there now
            Ja 9 ...that's the storm we had too...I was watching the lightening through the window...I just love storms like that!
            Last edited by Nicos; 07-06-2014, 08:51 AM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

It has stopped, looks like it may start again at any time though. Birds are twittering.
              Feed the soil, not the plants.
              (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
              Bob

Comment

The lightning/thunder/dog barking woke me about 5.30 so I went downstairs to see the dogs were OK (they were).
                It was as if the light was being switched on/off/on/off with constant rumbling - amazing. Heavy rain too but that lasted about half and hour. the electrical stuff hung around until about 6.30 then pushed off elsewhere. Very dramatic

Comment

Taking the boy to athletics this morning there was a beautiful fountain coming out of one of the manholes and running down the hill

Off later to grub everything up and replace it with rice and maybe more celeriacs

Looks like celeriac risotto this year

Comment

These storms were very well forecast by the people who know what they are talking about, and very much overplayed by the people who forecast 100 days of snow for last winter. Whenever you see headlines of armageddon in the papers, question it and head for the professional forecasters at the met office, or somewhere sensible like weatherweb.net.

If you want to know exactly where it is raining and which way it is heading, Will it Rain Today? | Rain radar for the UK | Going to rain? | MeteoGroup is great, and if you want to track lightning UK lightning detector - ATD Lightning Detection - Netweather.tv will tell you where it has recently been.
                    Last edited by Penellype; 07-06-2014, 02:34 PM.
                    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

2 fantastic links Penellype!

I've bookmarked those- thanks!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        2 fantastic links Penellype!

I've bookmarked those- thanks!
                        Me too .
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

we are getting plenty of rain(non stop) and strong winds, but as that's normal(you can tell when summer is here as the rain gets warmer) so whats is supposed to be different? that's a usual summer round these parts...if we get global warming, will we then get steam instead? the heavy clouds never seem to run out of it....

Comment

Had the thunder, lightening and rain between 8.30 and 10 am, been glorious since then....

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                              Had the thunder, lightening and rain between 8.30 and 10 am, been glorious since then....
                              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Been glorious here all day! Full day in the garden, just gonna finish off with a glass of fizz sat outside to view my handiwork

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X