Enriching the ground for Leeks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enriching the ground for Leeks

Hi all im after some information at this late stage of how to enrich the soil for my leeks.I have used chicken pellets and blood fish and bone but was wondering if there might be something else i could put into the ground aswell,any info would be very gratefully accepted.Thanks in advance Lofty.

You've probably got enough food in there but some organic matter such as leaf mould or compost is always good.
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Apparently a leak round your leeks is supposed to help..........
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Magic potion

I prepare the ground with dug in compost , then in early stages, water with a mix of comfrey tea diluted & household activating fluid. This is used on all my crops with excellent results. I have a good supply of spent grains from brewing which are either composted or spread neat

Comment

I don't wish to appear completely stupid ( I know, that ship has already sailed) But what is "Household activating fluid"? Is it something you spray on the children to wake them up in the morning?
          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

I'm so glad you asked Bill........after all we can't have 2 stupid Grapes on 1 vine...........
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Make that 3............................
              Sounds like a bottle of wine to me

Comment

I think it might be wee
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                  I don't wish to appear completely stupid ( I know, that ship has already sailed) But what is "Household activating fluid"? Is it something you spray on the children to wake them up in the morning?
                  Household activating fluid = Pee

Comment

Well thats one to remember next time I get caught short on the plot......Sorry Mrs Smith I was just acrivating the compost bin

Comment

Wish I hadn't asked now.

You could say it's a leek for leek!
                      Last edited by Bill HH; 04-06-2014, 08:37 PM.
                      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

The golden liquid secret has leek'd out again,don't forget to water it down,
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Without getting too graphic, what's in my wee (or probably yours for that matter) that makes it so useful ??
                          Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Thank guys for the info will try out your idea`s,its going to be very interesting,i think i will go for a leak in the loo before emptying onto the leeks.1 more question how often do you wee on the leeks ?

Comment

Lots of references to using Liquid Gold on the Vine.
                              A quck goggle came up with Urine: the ultimate 'organic' fertiliser? - Green Living - The Ecologist

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X