Newbie looking for advice

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto on the dandelions.

You have a big task there, I find doing one part really well then moving on is less daunting than trying to do it all in one go. Definately start composting all that jungle, believe it or not its an asset.
    Start some lettuce, courgettes or squash off at home so you will have something green to go into your pristine bed. Then direct sow carrots and anything else you fancy. Carrots and parsnips don't like being transplanted.You may be able to buy young plants at the garden centre this year (Leeks for instance) just to get you ahead. In the autumn you can plants onion sets, garlic etc. The good stuff that is already there I would weed and see what happens.
    Whilst planting something to keep your spirits up you perhaps should consider this first season as getting everything ship shape for next year. Look for how to videos on you tube,(Particularly on composting) they are very instructive. Consider what you eat and don't waste time growing stuff you will not want. Also if you can get some farmyard manure dug in and spread some blood fish and bone meal around it will feed your soil, later you can use your own compost as a mulch to do that. (Bring your peelings (I don't use potato peelings they all sprout and grow everywhere) from home to compost, add paper and cardboard to the pile too. Best of luck.
    Last edited by Bill HH; 31-05-2014, 09:08 AM.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X