No announcement yet.

Morrisons Flower Buckets

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget the drainage, plants don't swim except for sea weed.
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
      I asked in my local Morrison but they didn't have any.
      I asked on the Friday and they said that they had already thrown them away that day, but they had a delivery next day, they made a note to keep them by for me, I picked up 20 the next day.

And that was on a regular January day, goodness knows how many they would need to get rid of Valentines/Mothers day...

Comment

I got two lots of the big ones was well chuffed all drainage holes srilled and ready to go!

Comment

What a romantic bunch we are - looking forwards to Valentines Day and Mother's Day for a slightly different reason to the vast majority of the population!!!

(Now - where's my nearest Morrisons?)

Comment

Originally posted by Stan79 View Post
            What a romantic bunch we are - looking forwards to Valentines Day and Mother's Day for a slightly different reason to the vast majority of the population!!!

(Now - where's my nearest Morrisons?)
            If we're going to have commercial events foisted upon our society then why not make use of them?!

Comment

They are both historical days of celebration, it's up to each person whether they make the day commercial or not

Nevertheless, hooray for free (or cheap) flower buckets lol

Comment

As someone that used to visit this supermarket via the back door I'll give you the company policy on their buckets. Strictly speaking they should be returned to the supplier and not disposed of or sold on. However most supermarkets have crushed theirs by about 9am along with other plastic items.

You could go to the supermarket on 2 separate days and find they have two different policies dependant on who's working. So if at first you don't succeed, don't give up go back a different day, go early around 8am and you'll very likely manage to come away with some buckets. The larger stores will dispose of about 100 a week, so there are plenty to go around.

They also have 2 height buckets, I put my longer growing veg in the taller buckets such as tomatoes, and carrots and my salads and short rooting crops like radish in the smaller ones.

Good luck.

Store Finder
                I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                  As someone that used to visit this supermarket via the back door
                  Were you a burglar ?
                  .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Heads up - its Valentine's Day
                    Time to pop up to your local store and snap up those leftover flower............................buckets
                    Good luck

Comment

the best time i have found is mothering saturday ,at A@D@,they glad to get rid of them,for free,as it's the busiest time,go looking around the flower display,you often find the empty,or nearly empty one hiding,and have no shame whats so ever at how many you get,just one thing more,get a trolley it's easier,once came away with one full up,the rose buckets are the deepest,
                      Last edited by lottie dolly; 14-02-2015, 11:18 AM.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Where do you ask about the buckets too? Is it customer service desk?

Comment

Customer service or someone on the flower counter.

Comment

I always ask the peeps on flower duty,normally at ours there is no one near the flowers,however on certain times of lots of sales like mothers day,they are on display in the large foyer as you walk in,so are extra glad to get rid for free,
                            Last edited by lottie dolly; 14-02-2015, 03:10 PM.
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Morrisons Braintree not giving them away for free but got 3 sets of 8 for 99p

Comment

My local shop sells them for 99p for 8 or (as I have just found out) £3.96 for 64 pots if there's a stack that he hasn't got the time to count and you want to take the lot

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                                ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X