No announcement yet.

The impossible dream.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that knowing the nature of cukes to throw the towel in at nothing, that the repotting would not have gone down well with them. However, they seem happy enough. The one with the affected leaf has not wilted and the leaf has remained crispy. Now lets see haw they cope with the drop in temperatures for the next couple of days.

Comment

The good news is that the poorly cuke has pulled round. One thing seems strange though, both cukes seem to lack a growing tip. The recent weather has held them back a bit growth wise, but the lack of a visible growing tip seems strange. Is this normal for a ridge cuke?

Comment

I grow mini cuccino F1 Cukes in a blow away greenhouse. Like other have said, they're suicidal. You only get 4 seeds to a packet! As it goes this year all mine have made it ( So far) They're about two feet tall with the first flowers. The next challenge with them is getting fruit to set, the packet shows a plant heavy with fruit but I've never managed more than a one or two at a time. Looking good this year though, I added some lime and BF&B last autumn to the compost filled trough they're planted in so perhaps a less acid mediium will prove successfull this year.
        Hussar!

Comment

Here's waht I mean about mine having no growing tip. Will one eventually develop?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by brownfingers View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]45857[/ATTACH]Here's waht I mean about mine having no growing tip. Will one eventually develop?
            The growing tip is that little bud in the middle.
            Hussar!

Comment

As growing tips go, it's not doing much is it? Does it need a bit of feed or something?

Comment

Originally posted by brownfingers View Post
                As growing tips go, it's not doing much is it? Does it need a bit of feed or something?
                It looks fine to me? Good colour, unblemished leaves, no pest, right size pot ( for a little bit) May be it just needs some light and heat....
                Hussar!

Comment

Improbable maybe, impossible never

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X