No announcement yet.

French beans

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, I've been married 42 years and I'm pretty sure that Himself doesn't know what veg I like!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I'm glad it's not just me Florence. I'll buy more seed lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
      Bex

Comment

Mine took 2 weeks to come up 100% germination..........slugs took 2 nights to eat the lot 100% destruction

don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
        remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

^^^ouch!

yeh...we have slugs/snails and voles which seem to have midnight feasts in our potager
          I'm sure they would invite me...but are worried in case my OH were to bring some beer ...and our pussy cat/hunter extraordinaire
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

mine are outside, and 12" up their canes.

No particular prob with germination in the gh, apart from the few weeks it turned cool and cloudy, then I lost some to rot
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Mine were germinated in the utility room and got a bit tall before I took them out the greenhouse to start hardening off. They're now on outside staging which is very sheltered with a view to being planted out next weekend (hopefully). I'll always sow another seed at the bottom of the cane when I plant out too.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I've put fleece over ours tonight.
                Nope- no frost expected...just to raise the soil temp above what it would have been
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  mine are outside, and 12" up their canes.

No particular prob with germination in the gh, apart from the few weeks it turned cool and cloudy, then I lost some to rot
                  Show off lol I'm envious

Bex

Comment

Dwarf beans sown direct, only about 5 have come up. More in, waiting for them to germinate.
                    Borlotti dwarf,sown in modules, every one germinated,now planted out on plot.
                    Lady Di runners ,sown in modules,about 6 only germinated, now planted out, more sown.
                    Climbing French, sown in modules, not bad,now planted out.
                    Waiting for Borlotti climbing beans to germinate.

So I agree, a really difficult year for the old beans!
                    DottyR

Comment

I sowed a dozen each of climbing and bush french beans in root trainers in the polytunnel.

So far I have five bush beans and three climbers about 10 inches tall, one other climber was got by a tiny slug that I found hiding in the bottom opening of one of the pots.

I still have some self-saved Blue Lake climbing bean seeds and some Scarlet Emperor runner bean seads, so it looks like I will be having a very mixed crop of beans this year - assuming that I can get some through to maturity!

Andy
                      http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X