No announcement yet.

Broad Bean staking

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always given an individual support to mine or where they are close enough, they can share a support...always works once I remember to support them before the winds
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

I make a construction like one of those big childrens climbing frames using bamboo canes. Each plant gets its own cane, but as they grow, I add cross pieces horizontally, between the original canes. Eventually, it produces a quite rigid structure. I cant post a picture as the frame is now comletely engulfed by plants and you cant see it. Autumn set.

Comment

I just have supports at the corners and maybe a couple inbetween and run garden twine around the whole lot. The beans support each other in the middle.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I never get round to supporting mine. They always get very windswept and bendy leaning all over the place. Doesn't seem to affect the crop though. Last few years had loads. Maybe one year I will be kind to them and give them some support.

Comment

I support mine with a weaving cane and string creation that get rather stupidly complicated as I wander around the canes. I just poke the growing beans into it as they mature. Seems to work and they need it as it's quite windy,
            Attached Files
            Gardening forever, housework whenever!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X