Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too Many Onion Sets..................................

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can never have too many onions, as long as you have somewhere decent to store then they should last a good while. We use them everyday more or less so I always plant plenty.

Comment

If you have the space you can't have too many onions. I plait them up at the end of the season and my extended family are always asking for a plait and then there are the nieces and nephews harvest festivals.

Comment

Buy a bike and tote them around the doors once mature...........
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          Buy a bike and tote them around the doors once mature...........

Not forgewtting the black and white striped T shirt and the berret (Haw hee haw)
          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

If it's any consolation, i went a bit mad with the half price bags of onion sets at my local wyevale. Ended up with 600 odd sets.

Ive put them in a full size seed tray filled with compost in the greenhouse....50 sets per tray. I will plant them out as soon as the lotty is ready in the next week or so
            Please visit my facebook page for the garden i look after

https://www.facebook.com/PrestonRockGarden

Comment

Im the same. Every year i go to get the onion sets from the garden center. As I am putting them in the bag i think i will just buy a few of each type but that would make me look a bit tight when paying so i always end up with millions of them (well maybe a couple of hundred).

This year i have stuck them in every available place.
              All my projects including my brewing adventures!

www.make-your-own.info

Comment

I also bought a single bag of white and another of red onions from Wilko. They are now all planted on my (small) allotment plot. Didn't think about exactly how many that turned out to be till reading this thread, but probably 6 or 7 rows of 20+. And this, after having planted a couple of packs of over wintering in December, and garlic too. With a few rows of carrots and parsnips that's my main 2 beds filled up. And no where for the tomotoes, peppers, chillis, aubos & courgettes (and others) that are growing-on in our upstairs bathroom.....

The plus side: this is making me - finally - sort out the 1/3 of the plot that I've never yet used....

At least it seems I'm not alone in having overdone the onions this year!

Comment

For the last few years i have been cutting down on the numbers of different types of veg. This year there will be about 6 different types that we like to eat a lot of. One of which is onions hence the number i have planted. Another one we will have loads of is beetroot which we like to pickle.
                  All my projects including my brewing adventures!

www.make-your-own.info

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X