No announcement yet.

Tea Tubes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Kristen says, you don't need it just yet & once it gets going it doesn't take long for the juice to come out. I just pack mine in the tube & leave it.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
      On a similar note!

Picked up 3 of these from work!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44419[/ATTACH]

Anybody used em?

Hoping to set up a bit of a feeding station under "My Butt" that's if they work!

Oh! n Comfrey " Bocking 14! Any good? Or just a load of "Mish mash"

"Under my Butt" would be most appropriate if VC's suggestion that they may be composting toilets is correct
      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Can anyone explain what a tea tube is? (assume I am an idiot )

Comment

On a similar note!

Picked up 3 of these from work!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44419[/ATTACH]

Anybody used em?

Hoping to set up a bit of a feeding station under "My Butt" that's if they work!

Oh! n Comfrey " Bocking 14! Any good? Or just a load of "Mish mash"
          What is it?
          Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Esbo!

Refer to "Big Mally's" original post! They are a tube, being drain pipe or whatever, fixed vertically to a sound structure, a plank of wood buried no less than 18" 2 foot underground, filled with either chopped comfrey leaves, (High nitrogen feed) or chopped nettle leaves (High potassium feed) weighted down from above, so as the leaves decompose, they sacreat an horrible stinking liquid substance collected in a jar below, diluted normally 10/1 with water, ideal plant food!

Bal!

Go back to page 2 n click "Bren in Pots" link! all will be explained!
            Last edited by Deano's "Diggin It"; 19-05-2014, 05:11 PM. Reason: Sticking! As now become "Stinking" oh Ipad, you are such a pain in the arse!
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Had a thought about the tea tubes. Take squash plants - heavy feeders, always thirsty. I usually sink a plastic bottle near the roots to get plenty of water direct to the base of the plant. If you sank a tea tube (minus jam-jar and plant pot) about a foot into the ground near it, packed it with nettle and comfrey, and then watered the squash through the tube, you'd be feeding and watering at the same time. Would it work?
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

Esbo!

Bal!

Go back to page 2 n click "Bren in Pots" link! all will be explained!

Thanks for that Deano, I really must read a thread through properly before i rush to post, i just get so caught up in it all and forget to go to the last post.
                Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

I have had a thought, if you mount the tubes on a wall so the bottom of each tube is chest height you could fit optics (drink dispensers) to the bottom of each tube, even label said tubes Mally's country Comfrey or Mally's Knockout Nettle.
                  photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Even BigMallly's arms wouldn't be long enough to reach the top to fill 'em, Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Even BigMallly's arms wouldn't be long enough to reach the top to fill 'em, Bill.
                      After a sip of Mally's Nettle Knockout his arms will soon grow.

Comment

Just one sip and he's nearly there...............

Comment

Might be thinking like a total nutter (hope you don't mind me borrowing that handle VC) but my mother in Law gave us a blitzing thingy for Christmas which is as much use as a chocolate fireguard to us.

Could I simply blitz them or do they need to breakdown naturally?

Please let me know if I am being a complete Rodney

Comment

Any kind of blitzing would increase the flow of juices..........best do it outside though..........
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Oh outside alright! Thanks as always BM

Comment

I can't tell from the piccie BM, what and how do you stop the compressed contents coming out of the end. I think you said you connected a plant pot with a jubilee clip, but its a bit far off to tell how its done.

I fancy doing a couple of theses on the lottie, I have a nettle bed over there and plenty of pipework here so all I need is a little time...
                                I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X