Parsnip Query.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batman View Post
    I've been very encouraged to try your newspaper method, Kristen!
    Let's hope it works for us too.
    Make sure you plant out soon after the seed leaves show, and before first true leaf appears - the tap root grows surprisingly quickly.

In case helpful: some pictures of making "pots" from newspaper wrapped around an aerosol can and details of timings of Parsnip germination / planting out etc.

How to Make Pots from Newspaper | K's Garden
    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

I plant all my other seedlings in little newspaper pots, too - my MIL gave us a little wooden gimmick that works the same as a can ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
      My allotment and cooking blog.

Comment

Originally posted by batman View Post
        I plant all my other seedlings in little newspaper pots, too - my MIL gave us a little wooden gimmick that works the same as a can ;-)
        I've seen them in the garden centre ... more expensive than my WD40 can full - let alone empty, like I use it!

Parsnip "pots" need to be 4" or so tall - not sure how long your "gimmick" is? Hopefully it has a template for long-thin-ones?
        Last edited by Kristen; 18-03-2014, 01:22 AM.
        K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
          I've seen them in the garden centre ... more expensive than my WD40 can full - let alone empty, like I use it!

Parsnip "pots" need to be 4" or so tall - not sure how long your "gimmick" is? Hopefully it has a template for long-thin-ones?
          Haha, not sure about the price, but it was a christmas present.
          I'm not sure either how long the pots are, but if they come out too short, I'll find a spray can somewhere in the house. I'd think that lighter fluid should be perfect.
          My allotment and cooking blog.

Comment

Thanks for your response.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X