Show us ya pond!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another wacky idea.

The pipes to the stream are now all connected up, it runs through a home made in-line filter into this wacky water feature.......................it's amazing what you can do with an old spin dryer inner............

Attached Files
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Love it, BM
      Can I be the first of many to say it looks like a Dalek

Comment

So it does, it never entered my head................
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Take my hat off to you "Big Fella"

That's well "wacky"
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

It helps when you have a wacky landlady..............

Comment

congratulations BM,i absolutly love it,I name it the shanty town wonder pond,it has a natural look,good to see another of you ideas,
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
                Improving our pond by hiding the liner on the back wall with a log from our bit of woodland.
                The finished thing looking like something from Badminton Horse Trials.
                It looks great PP, and yes, very much like a X-C fence
                Side tracking now...

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

Incredible, next phase is to actually get it spinning!!!!
                  photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                    Incredible, next phase is to actually get it spinning!!!!
                    You just had to dint ya?

Comment

Inlet MK IV

I know what you're thinking....."Him & that bladdy pond".............................well after giving the dalek a fair trial, the holes kept blocking up with sand even after going through the filter so with gravel tray in hand I went to the pond side this morning:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                        I know what you're thinking....."Him & that bladdy pond".............................well after giving the dalek a fair trial, the holes kept blocking up with sand even after going through the filter so with gravel tray in hand I went to the pond side this morning:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45760[/ATTACH]
                        Nice pond! With a cascade! Good work!

Judging by the depth of the standing pots, its not all that deep. Though you have got a plastic heron! (Are they obligatory for pond owners?!) Do you have fish in there?

Many frogs and toads about this year?
                        Last edited by Knight of Albion; 01-06-2014, 09:49 AM.
                        Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                        Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Cheers KofA. The pond holds around 1500 gallons, is approx 2ft deep in the middle with shelves around the edges 6"-12" deep. Yes I have 10 goldfish around 3" in length, going mental at the mo as it must be breeding season. There are 2 metal Herons placed around the pond which I move at intervals, they are to warn off real Herons. Have not seen any amphibians yet but had a 1st visit from a dragon fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                            I know what you're thinking....."Him & that bladdy pond[ATTACH=CONFIG]45760[/ATTACH]
                            On the contrary, I cancelled my holiday this year in case I missed an update.
                            I have a large owl by my pond to ward off sea gulls, they sit on it and watch the fish.
                            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

I've got 2 Herons, 1 Owl, 2 Chickens & 1 Sparrowhawk....................

Comment

The fake owls don't fool the seagulls, they're too intelligent for that. But what about the fake herons? I know herons are territorial, so I can certainly see the logic, but do they work?
                                Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                                Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X