Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darcyvuqua View Post
    Ok so my chard has just popped through fingers crossed this is my year
    No fiddling with them 'cos you're bored!
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Originally posted by marchogaeth View Post
      No fiddling with them 'cos you're bored!
      I never do fiddle
      Attached Files
      In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

Originally posted by darcyvuqua View Post
        I never do fiddle [ATTACH]43315[/ATTACH]
        Good job I don't think like VC!
        "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

I think you are, M

Comment

I always sow march in trays in the greenhouse and plant in lottie end of April. They dont seem to suffer any pest or disease at mine. I pick leaves from very small. My other half however refuses to eat it as it apparently tastes like the smell of mud so that is the only problem i ever encounter..

Comment

Ok I've just pricked them out have I done right planting them up to there seed leaves I've done the same to my pak choi is that right???

Comment

We're having a chard and mushroom lasagne for tea tonight from the stuff that's been going all winter with it being so mild.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Yes I've got them this far
                  Attached Files

Comment

I sowed my chard direct, probably washed away, yours looks good.
                    DottyR

Comment

I love chard is handy in a lot of recipes but Daughters decided she doesn't like it says its tastes of soil so I've added her packets of Rainbow chard seeds to my collection
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I grew chard last year, very attractive plants but no one wants to eat them,I still have them and i wonder if they are still edible now? they look very clean and fresh. Dc dont feel too bad its just one of the mysteries of gardening. I am sure next time will be ok. or maybe not
                        Last edited by Bill HH; 07-04-2014, 07:47 AM.
                        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                          i wonder if they are still edible now?
                          Yes, you should be getting tiny tender new leaves now. They're nice raw (& sold as salad leaves in posh supermarkets).

Bill, have you used them as a spinach replacement, eg in curries?
                          Chard isn't nice just on its own, granted.
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                            Yes, you should be getting tiny tender new leaves now. They're nice raw (& sold as salad leaves in posh supermarkets).

Agree with the above!

I love it wilted into a curry or as a side au Gratin dish.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post

You wouldn't believe what a fussy eater I am, basicaly if my mom didn't cook it, I dont like it. I didnt like onions or pepper until I forced myself to eat them out of shear embarrasment and inconvienience. But I am determined to eat this chard having grown it. can't manage the curry though maybe with cheese n fish.
                              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Chard is amazing in a quiche with bacon (of you eat meat).

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                                My allotment and cooking blog.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X