Unwanted gifts.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    My dad and I have a competition. When we go on holiday we have to get each other a piece of tat for under £1. Boy have we bought each other some right junk.
    But garden wise I got my dad a garden gnome holding a sign saying "Sod Off" which he thought was great. My mom was horrified and tried to hide it but the kids kept finding it for him.
    My aunty bought my dad a wooden wishing well. Now that has been 'lost' in the garden somewhere.
    I have been blessed with a plastic squirrel and a plastic hedgehog from the kids. So not to bad.
    sigpic

Comment

Have also just been looking at your garden pictures. Wow your garden looks lovely. How many years has it taken for you to get it looking so good? What are your secrets?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        Bill I don't think I've ever been giving a garden ornament I must be lucky not like my neighbour whos MiL use to buy her ceramic chickens like 3ft high and bright red
        Ooooh I'd like some of those

Comment

Originally posted by noviceveggrower View Post
          Have also just been looking at your garden pictures. Wow your garden looks lovely. How many years has it taken for you to get it looking so good? What are your secrets?
          Thank you for the compliments, basicaly we bought the premises as a care home in 1996,the back garden was very steep and full of brambles etc, the area at the back to sit in was tiny with steps up to a lawn that the old people couldn't get up too easily. I hired a mini digger and dug out 22 10 ton skips full. The best few days fun I have had in years. There are no secrets, just getting the layour right in the first instance, attention to detail, lots of weeding, and plenty of compost/ manure.
          Oh and keeping the amount of naff ornaments to a minimum.

Attached Files
          Last edited by Bill HH; 11-02-2014, 11:21 AM.
          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
            This is an insight into your character i had not previously noticed, Pure evil.

Don't forget that when Mothers day comes around he could well return the favour.
            I know Bill, but he was too selfish to even do that! It used to annoy me that I had to take them to buy me presents for mothers day/birthday/christmas, and I had to spend money on him for his. The kids wanted to buy him something, and his new bird wouldn't be bothered. I didn't like to upset them by refusing to pay for their presents, but took great delight in letting them choose Yes, very evil.
            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Thankfully most of my family knows how fussy I am and wouldn't buy me anything like this. In my garden I have one wooden duck rotting behind some honeysuckle, two mini metal chickens waiting in the greenhouse for a home and a metal lizard I bought home from Spain but have yet to attach to the wall.

My eldest sister is the who buys me tat for the garden or house, this year very cheap chalk plant pots for inside the house (I don't have any house plants as I kill them all) already regifted and a hook art set in pink (I hate pink) suitable for a ten year old.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X