No announcement yet.

Jeruselum Artichokes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be worth getting "Fuseau" if you are buying some to grow yourself (that might well be what is in the supermarket though). They are somewhat less knobbly and thus easier to peel.
    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Oooooh Gayle, I'd definitely eat them before planting tubers. You can build up resistance to the side effects by eating small amounts gradually.

(sorry Kleftiwallah!)
      Last edited by sparrow100; 06-02-2014, 11:42 AM.
      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I did hear that they had a certain nickname :/ I live on my own with a 9 year old boy though so its fine!

Comment

Alys Fowler recommends cooking JA's with the herb 'Winter savoury' its supposed to make them less windy I've been using it for a couple of years now so I'm not sure if I'm immune to their effect or if winter savoury works.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I looked at that yesterday. It seems winter savory needs harvesting in summer yet the JAs come ready a lot later. I think I'll just open a window

Comment

I'll bear that in mind thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                I roasted some the other day.
                Got a massive crop from planting just 3 pieces I got at the supermarket.

They're not quite like potato though.
                Well, no. If they were, we'd call them......................potatoes

They cook a lot quicker than potatoes too. The flavour to me tastes like a hazel nut picked still a little under-ripe, sweet and crunchy.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

They make lovely soup as well. Add a swirl of cream, very good.
                  DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X