has my garlic died?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alliums with attitude?
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Slimey bit is a bit worrying Queen, have they got white mould on the bottom?

Comment

The natural state of garlic could be described as slimey though. Their juice is sticky. It might not be anything to worry about.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Yep, that's wht I asked about mould, Some of mine definately HAVE got white rot and all have developed bad rust in the last fortnight or so. They're limping over the line....bit dissapointed really.

Comment

I don't think there is any mould - but thanks for letting me know what to look out for. I've not grown garlic before, so unsure what to expect.

And last night I dreamed that I took a friend down to the plot to show it off and all of my onions were rotten. I think I might be worrying too much.

Comment

Hmmm mine have gone the same Ipulled one last night to have a look at it came up very easy but it isnt split into cloves it just looks like one bulb not very big either, decided not to pull any more and see what happens as I wasnt expecting to pull them till end July beg aug anyway my question is should they be split into cloves yet?

Comment

mine are but i planted about 2 weeks before shortest day.
                Yo an' Bob
                Walk lightly on the earth
                take only what you need
                give all you can
                and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

read the thread with interest as its my firsy year at growing garlic aswell.mine are just starting to yellow.my question is what is the best thing to be planted after garlic??space is premium in my little plot and want to plant it soon as garlics out.g
                  goddess

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X