Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a theme for this year's planting?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Theme is basically to try and keep stuff watered well enough/mulched to keep them productive!

Oh- and hopefully a few more pretty but low maintenance flowers about the place.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
      Do you have a theme for this year's planting?

I have several themes this year

On a more serious note I intend to grow what we eat and not what takes my fancy when looking though seed catalogues.

where is your sense of adventure ,
      Last edited by lottie dolly; 23-01-2014, 01:41 PM.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        My Theme is basically to try and keep stuff watered well enough/mulched to keep them productive!

Oh- and hopefully a few more pretty but low maintenance flowers about the place.
        I intend to put nasturtiums near my peas this year as an old gardening book I have says they deter pea moth. I lost a lot of my peas to pea moth last year, and netting them isn't an option because the flowers need pollinating, so the nasturtiums are worth a try.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
          I intend to put nasturtiums near my peas this year as an old gardening book I have says they deter pea moth. I lost a lot of my peas to pea moth last year, and netting them isn't an option because the flowers need pollinating, so the nasturtiums are worth a try.
          I had nasturtiums in the container with my mangetout last year. I never knew they were beneficial in that way, I just thought I'd stick some in because there was too much bare compost around the peas

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
            I thought peas were self fertile? If so, then presumably netting wouldn't be a problem... although how I'd net my climbing varieties I'm not quite sure!
            sigpicGardening in France rocks!

Comment

Neither peas nor french beans need insects for pollination

Comment

Originally posted by kathyd View Post
                I thought peas were self fertile? If so, then presumably netting wouldn't be a problem... although how I'd net my climbing varieties I'm not quite sure!
                Kathy I net my tall peas with Debris netting otherwise the birds eat all those nice tender shoots.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X