Hot Bed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Bed

I have a large cold frame 4m x 1m and I am thinking of dividing it in half and turning one side into a hot bed. I just wondered what depth of manure I should put in and what depth of soil to put on top. I will dig it out to the required depth put in the manure (horse) and then put the soil back on top.

All advice gratefully received.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

My neighbour has just dug the hole for his but has not yet put in the layer of fresh manure

If you have a look at this website it gives clear instructions:

http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/todo...ids=162‎
    Last edited by Sheneval; 11-01-2014, 12:42 PM.
    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

This site says 2.5 ft deep!

love the idea though!

Build an old-fashioned hotbed and start your seeds in style by Roy Martin
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

can't access your link Shen!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          can't access your link Shen!
          Apologies - neither can I - it is a load of mice - it did not appear as intended for some unknown reason and is stil not working - just as well you were there
          Last edited by Sheneval; 11-01-2014, 12:48 PM.
          Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Maybe this will work for Shen's link?

</title> <link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/print.css" type="text/css" media="print" /> <link rel="stylesheet" href="/styles/hipass2-new2.css" type="text/css" media="screen" title="Default" /> <link rel="alternate stylesheet" href="/styles/hipass2-

That does seem to work but what on earth all the characters are I have no idea.
            Last edited by TrialAndError; 11-01-2014, 01:43 PM. Reason: Correct url

Comment

Beechgrove on BBC Scotland did a hot bed last year here's a link to the info factsheets. its featured on number 2 and 5 :-

The Beechgrove Garden - Tern Productions: Factsheets
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Trial - spot on though why it needs to be so much larger than the title on google eludes me - well done
                Last edited by Sheneval; 11-01-2014, 05:18 PM.

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X