Potato Days ... 2014

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potato Days ... 2014

Glasgow Allotments Forum will be holding their 3rd GAF POTATO DAY on Sunday 23rd Februry 2014 at The Pearce Institute, 840/860 Govan Road, Govan, G51 3UU, 11am-3pm. (Close to Govan underground station)

All are welcome, so please spread the word to friends, family, schools, work-mates and fellow gardeners. Once again, we will be joined by Glasgow Food Network who will be running a seed-swap table and some workshops. The cafe will be open for tea, coffee and home-baking(fabulous).
    This year we have 45 varieties of seed potato, the majority of which are Scottish grown; the remainder will come direct from the Sarvari Trust in North Wales, whose work into breeding blight & generally disease resistant stock is world famous. You can again buy from as little as 1 tuber to larger amounts, although the day is more about variety than quantity.

Comment

Potato Days ... 2014

Glasgow Allotments Forum will be holding their 3rd GAF POTATO DAY on Sunday 23rd Februry 2014 at The Pearce Institute, 840/860 Govan Road, Govan, G51 3UU, 11am-3pm. (Close to Govan underground station)

All are welcome, so please spread the word to friends, family, schools, work-mates and fellow gardeners. Once again, we will be joined by Glasgow Food Network who will be running a seed-swap table and some workshops. The cafe will be open for tea, coffee and home-baking(fabulous).
      This year we have 45 varieties of seed potato, the majority of which are Scottish grown; the remainder will come direct from the Sarvari Trust in North Wales, whose work into breeding blight & generally disease resistant stock is world famous. You can again buy from as little as 1 tuber to larger amounts, although the day is more about variety than quantity.

Comment

Really looking forward to next weekend!

Well Sat 15th is our local "West Yorkshire Organic's Group" Potato Day, my weekend off! n looking forward to having a delve!

Traipsed there site a good couple of years! n I know Peter the main man does post on here! So Pete! If ya looking in! I'll see ya Saturday!

Now the main reason for me posting this was
        1. This is just the right time of year to get ya head around what "Tatties" ya wanna grow
        2. I'm just sad n have nothing better to do with my Sunday "Evenings" but look for "Tatties"
        3. Just wanted to share my last few years experience at growing em!

Last year I decided I would have a bash at growing in bag's, never done it before! grown em in open ground for years! But I'll tell ya what! From experience last year! Will never grow in open ground again! They just take up far too much room for so long!

The results we got were Brilliant!

Don't do "Weights n measures" but on average, each bag served two families of four one to two meals each! Not a bad return I is thinking!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Deano's "Diggin It"; 09-02-2014, 06:38 PM.
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Actually managed to get to the Shropshire Organic Growers spud day this year it was well subscribed & what a friendly lot they are,parsnip & apple soup with a chunk of potato bread are a winning combination
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I'll be visiting the Winsley garden club for my spuds. Sunday March 2nd, in the village just opposite the rugby pitches, near Bradford on Avon. There was a fantastic selection there last year. I can sneak off when the kids are playing rugby and they are none the wiser, they think I've stood watching them all morning!

Comment

I've not been able to find a Potato Day or seed swap event in or around the Midlands.... I think times not on my side either.
              Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by seasprout View Post
                I've not been able to find a Potato Day or seed swap event in or around the Midlands.... I think times not on my side either.
                Nice to see you, Seasprout. I went to Nottingham Organic Gardeners do a couple of weeks ago. I was stunned that it was either that (1hr drive) or the Shrewsbury one (1hr drive) - but maybe not too far for you for next year. It was a very good selection, and only a quid to get in. Oh and the tea & cakes were nice too!

Comment

I found one this year in Buckingham and went last weekend.

Comment

Hiya...

I'll have to make a note of that one for next year i guess... especially If cake is involved.!
                    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

B&M had lots of seed potatoes today, extremely reasonable sizes. Already bought mine, but will consider next year

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

Does anyone know of a "Potato days" near Peterborough and area, please?

Comment

There is a potato day at the Hulme Community Garden Centre in Manchester this Sunday, the 16th Feb.

They have a 'potato expert' there to give advice, and what looks to be a large selection of seed potatoes for sale, both organic and non-organic.

They are also advertising garlic, shallots and onions, rhubarb and asparagus for sale.

I hope my overdraft will be big enough to accomodate all I need to buy

Andy

Hulme Community Garden Centre
                          http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X