No announcement yet.

Cold Morning on Plot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have probably explained this somewhere before, but given your other thread query re growing potatoes on raised beds, why would you not just grown the potatoes in the existing beds on the ground?

Putting them in raised beds will mean that you either have to dig down to start with or increasingly raise the height of the bed with whatever medium you use to earth up with....Could be awkward to deal with and to spray for blight if you so plan to or need to..
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

My tatties were always grown in raised beds, just use a bulb planter (long handled if poss) about 6"-8" deep, drop tattie in & cover. I didn't find the need to earth up......just don't plant them too early as you may risk frost.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

My beds are mostly 5' x 10',but I do have a row of 5'6" x 10' (stepdad failed his measuring test ) and I have paths set at 25" to allow me to lay flags between them.

It works for me as I can wedge my kneesa against the bed I am working on and my feet against the bed behind to gove me a bit of stability as I lean over to weed, etc.

Andy
        http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X