small celeriac

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small celeriac

My celeriac is very small. This was my first attempt at growing it, mainly because myself and OH love it. Mashed, roasted and all....
    Thought I had done most things right with it, nice deep well manured soil in the bed, watered thoroughly the only thing I forgot to do was remove the leaves to expose the root. Could this have been the cause of them being so small? Anyone else had similiar probs?
    Will still be eating them.... just roasting them whole as they are barely more than a mouthful.
    Ah well, better luck next year I guess!

Mine are small as well, even though I did remove the leaves

My kohlrabi (next to them) are the same - so I wondered if they needed more feeding, as the bed was manured last winter.

Comment

watered regularly a lot, or watered thoroughly once a week say?
      They like water, a lot of water, and they like food, a lot of food.

It was cold to start with though so that may have checked them, but the first time I grew them they were small, and that was down to it being hot, them not being watered enarly enough, and a fed bed, but not a really well fed bed.

Comment

Celeriac needs a long growing season and because of the late start this year I suspect a lot of roots will be small. As Taff says, they also need a a lot of water and there wasn't much of that about this last summer!

Comment

Yes.... I guess I didn't water them nearly enough ! Still, they taste ok.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X