When do you order your seed potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most informative.

I am too late to follow your reccomendation unfortunately, I have ordered Rocket, Orla and Sarpo Mira. I notice the Orla is delviered end of Dec can these be held back until feb? The pic of your Lady c's is fantastic I am kicking myself now.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
      Most informative.

I am too late to follow your reccomendation unfortunately, I have ordered Rocket, Orla and Sarpo Mira. I notice the Orla is delviered end of Dec can these be held back until feb? The pic of your Lady c's is fantastic I am kicking myself now.
      I grew Rocket this year, put them in really early and was the first to harvest at beginning of June, lovely. Have ordered again for next year. Good choice Bill ( in my opinion).

Main crop Picasso, haven't grown them before, so can't comment.
      Last edited by Dorothy rouse; 24-10-2013, 09:55 PM.
      DottyR

Comment

My sister grows only earlies but keeps some going as a main crop, is that sound practice?
        All spuds will keep growing bigger if they're left in the ground. I don't lift mine ritually on a certain date: I just dig a plant up when I need spuds, otherwise they stay in the ground

I started my main crop far two late this year
        They need to go in before the earlies, because they need a longer growing season
        ... but probably not before end-of-March, when daylight hours are really getting longer

Orla is delviered end of Dec can these be held back until feb?
        Yes, just keep them below 10c and in the dark (my seed spuds (last year's crop) stay in the salad drawer of the fridge from Aug-Mar)
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          All spuds will keep growing bigger if they're left in the ground. I don't lift mine ritually on a certain date: I just dig a plant up when I need spuds, otherwise they stay in the ground

They need to go in before the earlies, because they need a longer growing season
          ... but probably not before end-of-March, when daylight hours are really getting longer

Yes, just keep them below 10c and in the dark (my seed spuds (last year's crop) stay in the salad drawer of the fridge from Aug-Mar)

Most helpful thak you.
          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X