No announcement yet.

Raised Beds and Lasagne Gardening

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought about using google or bing specifically to search on here, good idea thanks .
    sigpicGardening in France rocks!

Comment

Today on GQT they rubbished lasagne gardening. Bob said that coffee grounds would be too acidic, but they aren't. I've been using them liberally on my gardens for several years.

The only things to fail were seedlings planted in 100% coffee grounds. Up to 25% was fine, mixed with 75% potting compost

Pippa was intrigued and is hoping to give it a try at Sparsholt
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        Today on GQT they rubbished lasagne gardening. Bob said that coffee grounds would be too acidic, but they aren't. I've been using them liberally on my gardens for several years.

The only things to fail were seedlings planted in 100% coffee grounds. Up to 25% was fine, mixed with 75% potting compost

Pippa was intrigued and is hoping to give it a try at Sparsholt
        I bothered to listen to it for once and was disappointed by the responses to say the least, it makes you wonder about everything else they say. They did ask for listeners' experiences-maybe you should take them on.
        "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Originally posted by marchogaeth View Post
          disappointed by the responses to say the least
          Me too. A while ago they dissed online forums like this one *huff*

Originally posted by marchogaeth View Post
          They did ask for listeners' experiences-maybe you should take them on.
          Actually, I've spent the entire afternoon trying to remember my email password so that I can
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Just to support TS's claim.........Bob,eat your hat:

Coffee Grounds and Composting -
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

and in a very minor way to support the coffee grout claim, I put coffee grouts round my hosta plants, and not even one slug ventured near.
              DottyR

Comment

I don't particularly like lasagne so i call mine cottage pie beds. Either way mine are made from second hand decking and are mostly two boards high, about nine inches. However I was careful to make most of them the same length and width so when needed I can add or remove a layer.
                Being common I drink mostly tea do tea bags rot down? anyone.
                photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Yes Bill, tea bags do rot down. I also drink tea, only fruit stuff though, people laugh, cos I carry a little supply in my bag.
                  DottyR

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                    Being common I drink mostly tea do tea bags rot down? anyone.
                    Bill have you thought of ditching the bags and trying loose leaf tea, we've always used '99 tea' from the Co-op its proper tea brewed in a pot and not made from floor sweeping according to my Gran

But there's a couple of companies whos bags rot down Clipper tea is one of them.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                      Bill have you thought of ditching the bags and trying loose leaf tea, we've always used '99 tea' from the Co-op its proper tea brewed in a pot and not made from floor sweeping according to my Gran

But there's a couple of companies whos bags rot down Clipper tea is one of them.
                      We always used loose tea but bags are so much more convienient. We are so poor we keep one on a string to dip in our cups,lasts two days.
                      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Bill we use bags when we're camping and thought we were doing well to get two mugs out of one bag
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                          Bill we use bags when we're camping and thought we were doing well to get two mugs out of one bag
                          The truth is I love strong tea and have been known to put 2 tea bags in my cup. I call weak tea "Village hall tea" because the stuff they serve up there is so weak you can see the bottom of the cup.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X