X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my dehydrator from Lakeland £50.00 not had any complaints with mine

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Ok I looks like I'll be purchasing a dehydrator soon. I've been meaning to get one to create my own dried foods and kale crisps, but it dropped to the back of my mind.

Comment

I'm thinking about it!! There are 2 Andrew James ones - one round and one rectangular, the latter with an extra tier and a timer for about £10 more. Some criticisms of the plastic trays breaking in reviews. Lakeland is a bit more expensive but I do like their lifetime guarantee.
        By the time I've made up my mind, the grapes and figs will have rotted!!

Comment

Freeze them and dry them later.

Comment

i am going to slice some golden beetroot with a mandolin slicer and give that a go i have had beetroot crisps before which i liked not sure how dried will compare

Comment

A couple of years ago (in the middle of a totally excessive courgette glut to end all gluts) I dried a load of courgettes and then ground them in the food processor. Put a spoonful of the dried stuff in all sorts of things, pasta sauces, stews etc and it worked really well. The taste was really intense and now I've remembered it I think I'll do some more as I'd forgotten all about it

Re drying beans, I didn't think it worked well, however I find salting is a good way to store without using electricity. Just make sure you soak / rinse them properly before use and they were fine. The only negative I'd give is that they were a bit greyer then when fresh but they were lovely and crisp when cooked.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X