No announcement yet.

Must-have tools for veg gardening

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tool I would least like to lose or do without is my digging hoe (or grub hoe).
    It makes digging & weeding so much easier, especially on the back!

Comment

Of the choices it has to be hoe for me, I have 1 fork, 1 spade, and 4 hoes. I have different hoes for different jobs and without them I'd be climbing all over my raised beds.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

My favourite tool is my novice, still to learn, "Gardening Buddy" n what a "Tool" at times!

But I love him to bits!

Seriously! I don't think I could ever do without my "Mantis" Tiller! These days! Although initial outlay a little expensive! Saved some real backache!
        It's a "Right bit of Kit!" And as saved no end of time!
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

My Dutch Hoe has served me well 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Another vote for dutch hoe. Would'nt be without it.

Comment

My favourite tool is an ultra light Spear and Jackson, long handled hand fork. the handle is tubular alluminium and the fork is stainless, Idead for weeding raised beds without bending. You can also place burgers on it and hand them round at the BBQ.
              Last edited by Bill HH; 30-10-2013, 09:37 AM.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Last 18months, it was my apse. Only way to (fairly) easily dig deep on neglected land. Now, it's my garden fork. In the last couple of months it's the only tool I've used apart from pruners and wheelbarrow ( which, too, is worth it's weight in gold).

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by marcofez View Post
                  Another vote for dutch hoe. Would'nt be without it.
                  I grew up in the Fens. Folk down there wouldn't touch a Dutch Hoe with a tractor at arm's length. Simply isn't as efficient as a Draw Hoe. One pull of my hoe and a swathe of weeds get chopped off, top soil aerated, and with no great effort. They come in different sizes, too, from onion hoes to the giant I have. There are times when British is clearly best.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X