Suggestions for fairly-newbie

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, well ground planting isn't an option for me, it's strictly GH and pots

I got lots to work with, thanks guys - what so you use to 'protect' during frosts in the GH?

🐞Every ☁has a silver lining🐝Every 🌸 has a 🌿

Comment

You could line GH with bubblewrap when it gets cold and/or cover the pots/trays with fleece.
      While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Last year I just sat my containers/toughs on top of some thin (about 3mm) packing foam folded over a few times. Covered the tops with the same stuff at night and when it was really cold during the day.
        You can grow everything daviddevantnhisspiritwife mentioned in pots and a greenhouse you just have to be careful about spacing and watering/feeding (the wetter the soil the easier it freezes).
        Try and get your carrots and spring onions in now if you decide to grow them, last year I was late with mine and they turned into a waste of space.

If you just want to give potatoes a shot, sprouted supermarket ones, ie the ones at the back of the cupboard, and a flower bucket (the 7l ones) will give a decent enough crop.

Comment

Well thanks for the handy tips, I've just purchased senshyu onions, mustard green seeds (to grow for my bearded dragon), Italian plum tomatoes for next year, basil, coriander and autumn king carrots - hopefully they'll be here Saturday or Tuesday and I can get busy

🐞Every ☁has a silver lining🐝Every 🌸 has a 🌿

Comment

Suggestions for fairly-newbie

Ok, so in the last week I have planted (in pots)

Lisbon white spring onions
            Cress (for bearded dragon)
            Mixed salad leaves
            Mustard greens (for beardy)
            Senshyu onions

Gonna sow some basil and coriander later in today in the GH, fingers crossed!

So along with my chillis, tomatoes (which are finally starting to ripen!), raspberries & strawberries, I'm not doing too bad for my 1st year of gardening
            Last edited by Greenfingerpaula; 01-09-2013, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X