Poor tumbling toms :(

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor tumbling toms :(

I had some tumbling toms for free from the vicar's wife a few months ago, they were in little pots so I repotted and watered them. Popped them into the greenhouse (plastic zip up affair) and carried on looking after them.

They look all sorry for themselves, all pale, hardly any growth in toms and the leaves look withered too. Did they get too hot in the greenhouse? They have been sitting on the garden table in the rain and now some warm sunshine today.

Can I revive them at all?

Difficult to tell without a photo. What pot size are they in, how often have you been watering, are you feeding them and how bad are the withered leaves?

Comment

Hope this photo helps, I really have hammered them haven't I? No, no feeding either....
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh dear, I really don't think you'll get those to flourish! Possibly the leaves have got burnt in the plastic greenhouse as the pots are plenty big enough. Did they go like that slowly? Tomatoes in pots need watering every day, twice a day when it's very hot.
        I'm not sure that you will be able to save them but if you want to try ( you've got nothing to lose!) you could take off the worst of the lower leaves and see how you go. Not much help really but I thi k it may be a little late in the season to get them to fruit well although the couple with fruit on already may ripen if you keep them somewhere sunny, along a south facing wall would be ideal and water every day.

Comment

Thank you Scarlet, didn't think that I could do anything to them to save them, my husband said that they could be donated to the compost heap I will try though, you never know!!

Comment

At this stage and based on any ( potential as Scarlet said) return and the effort involved, your husband might be right!!
            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X