No announcement yet.

2014 Winter Squash Recommendations.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crown Prince are doing really well for me again this year & they store fantastically well. Ive grown spaghetti squash for first time and theyve given 4 or 5 fruit per plant & are good to eat, hope they store ok as I have about 12 still to harvest.
    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Hey, Chris, if you're on the spot - pop in each day and let us know when the sale starts - there's a good man
      0.2miles, EVERY DAY? What do you think I am, fit or something?!

Comment

I know its a long way for you to walk - you could take the car

Comment

It's on!! No crown prince though

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Thanks Chris!! Guess where I'm going this afternoon - not Swansea, St Mellons

Comment

just posted another thread about it, but it runs until the 1st of october. I was in last week, and I'm sure they must remove all "expensive" seeds, as there wasn't that many in there. Still stocked up on some more squash for next year (one called incredible, looks like crown prince - wonder how it'll go in the taste tests).

Comment

I've just got back. I did notice that there were none of those expensive cucumber seeds, but to be fair there was decent selection of Franchi seeds etc... I also got a number of squash varieties Honey Bear, Tonda Padana, High Sugar Mixed, Winter Festival & Golden Hubbard.

While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by daviddevantnhisspiritwife View Post
                  I did notice that there were none of those expensive cucumber seeds,
                  I bought Unwin's Mini munch £3.99 & T&M's Carmen £4.99 - each with only 4 seeds
                  That's expensive

Comment

I'd already splurged on T&M Ziena at full price... well... with a voucher! I did spot Mini Munch and was tempted but as I still have some expensive cuke seeds left I actually managed to resist!

I only spotted Waltham squash at my GC... so the search for interesting squash seeds for next year continues!
                    http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Mini Munch are OK until 2016 so they're an investment
                      I didn't buy any toms or squashes (self control screwed up tight) but I did get a lot of beans, including broadies and mangetout - and just a couple of packets of kale
                      Unusually for me, I bought lots of flowers including collections of sunflowers (3 pkts) 3 Sweetpeas (3), Nasturtiums (2), poppies and rockery plants - all marked down from £4.75+. Too cheap to resist
                      Must resist the urge to go back tomorrow

Comment

Yes, same here. No convincing enough excuses have materialised thus far though. Although, I am sure probably by lunchtime something will have cropped up.
                        While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

Unusually for me, I bought lots of flowers including collections of sunflowers (3 pkts) 3 Sweetpeas (3), Nasturtiums (2), poppies and rockery plants - all marked down from £4.75+. Too cheap to resist
                          Oooooooh! I really want to go back for a rifle through the flowers! I may give in to the urge!
                          http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

I'm really chuffed about the sunflowers and sweetpeas as I promised myself I'd grow lots of them next year. These are the Sunflowers Sunflower Seed Collection - Suttons Seeds and Plants

Comment

Most of my squash seeds have come from Real Seed Co., or been free on a magazine.

Comment

There are lots of squashes in the VSP too - look in the Cucumber section!!
                                Including 3 seeds of Crown Prince
                                Last edited by veggiechicken; 29-08-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X